Sunday, May 29, 2011

HOME… Definitely Where the Heart Is!

(written Monday, May 23rd)

So I am back on the EAST COAST!!! I cannot believe it has been 9 months! I have been waiting for this day to come. A chance to just clear my head, and relax being home. I cannot tell you how good this feels!

Winter is gone, but the weather is still ADD. I landed at 1:30am on Saturday. The country has been filled with rough storms, including record # of tornadoes, so I face a few delays. We made an emergency stop 100 miles away from my first destination because we were running out of fuel and could not wait in the air for the weather to clear up. Anyway, the weather at home has been chilly. Only a high of near 60, so I am back in my pants and sweaters for now. The sun has not shown in 3 days. Just cloudy rain clouds without the rain. I will take it because I really miss thunderstorms!! I hope to hear thunder while I am here.

My first day home was great. I spent time with my sister peppering the volleyball in the backyard (it’s our old pastime). We also had a good heart-to-heart chat about her upcoming year playing for Marquette Volleyball. I am so proud of her and all she has done! Stay with it, Casey!

After playing for a few hours, our brother and father joined in! Our dad likes to see how high he can hit the ball in the air, and he can hit the top of the trees!! The afternoon was just family time in the backyard until dinner. The five of us plus our grandmother went out to Outback Steakhouse for some good steak dinners. It was delicious!

I am so happy to see my grandmother. She means the world to me, and she is what coming home is all about. It was almost surreal knowing I was in Monterey just yesterday and now I am eating with my family in Jersey! Nuts!

Saturday was supposedly the day of Rapture…the end of the world. Although it was a crazy idea, there were some really dark clouds that formed over head just a few minutes before 6pm! If I was going to die, and least I was with my family! Luckily, no Rapture happened, but now it won’t until October, so who knows!

After dinner, we all went out to Red Mango for dessert. Delicious! Our night soon turned out to be movie night. We were all in our food comas, so we watched the commercial-free movie of PIRATES: At World’s End on tv. Then after that, we also watched Tangled. YAY Disney Family night! Corny as it sounds, it was an ideal night to have during the end of the world.

Sunday, yesterday, I said goodbye to Casey. I know she is going to do well this summer and season for school. After she was gone, we just relaxed! I saw my cousins for about 15 minutes as they stopped by, and I watched tv with my parents. At night, we had Taylor Pork Roll sandwiches!! This is by far one of the biggest things I miss!!! Delicious!

After dinner, I played Scrabble with my parents. I lost of course, but they will “always” be a lot smarter than me. :D It was a great game.

That takes us to today, Monday. I cleaned out my entire room! I went through all my clothes, junk, and papers. I am so proud of all everything I threw out. I know some charity will be really happy. It feels great to be in such a clean room and comfy bed once again.

There really is no substitute for sleeping in your own bed. It is just a priceless commodity that tells you everything is okay.

What a great first weekend home! Taylor pork roll, steak dinner, BAGELS, family games, seeing grandma and cousins, and no agenda!! Perfect!

I hope tomorrow is just as grand. Until then… night!

No comments:

Post a Comment