Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Callback

(written Wed 5/18)

Well it seems this week has turned out to be quite different than last. Just when I thought I was going to relaxing before my big trip home, things got quite busy. I got called back for three interviews within 24 hours!

The first interview was a phone call with the company of the executive that called me a farm girl. I am not sure if they lost their marbles over there or what, but these conversations can get really bizarre. I was called around 8pm to talk with the production manager. He was really nice, but asked me questions like “What is your favorite color and why?” “What is your favorite number and why?” “What is your most embarrassing work moment?”

Why do these questions really matter? I have not really thought about the psychology behind some of my answers, but I guess it reveals part of your personality that may or may not mesh with your potential boss.

At the end of the 35 minute conversation, I felt good about it. Not sure if this is for me, especially since it is for a three month position. Although I know I could learn from it, the interview process has been outrageous, and I am not sure if that is an ideal work situation for me. What was even more strange was my interviewer told me, based on my previous interview, I was their favorite interviewee. Really? Not sure what to think of that. Thoughts?

The second interview was a call back for VH1 in their talent department. I never applied for this job. In fact, the HR recruiter took my resume from the other jobs I did apply for online, and brought it to the executive.

This second interview went really well. I was asked a series of questions about possible work scenarios that I may face and how I would handle them. If I get this position, and I am actually surprised on how interested I am in it, I would have to train my brain to not think in terms of Television but Music. Which also means, I need to think in terms of record labels and not agencies or production companies. This will take a while, but I know I can handle the job. I just never pursued working for Music Talent, so we will see what happens.

I think this is my best bet for a full time job at the moment. I am excited about it, but I do not want to jinx myself as I did with Disney Channel, so I am keeping low expectations.

The third interview was for a PA position for Disney Animation. They are working on a variety of upcoming projects from shorts to features. I really liked this interview, and what made it better, was the producer I am friends with saw my interviewing so he came over to “make an accidental appearance” and talk to the recruiter about needing a PA. Awesome, right?

I am now moving on to round two of that interview. I will do it via Skype on Monday while I am home. I am actually really excited about this interview. If I get the project I want to work on, my roommate could potentially become my boss. Strange!

I am keeping my fingers crossed. It really feels good to be heading home knowing I got called back for three potential jobs within 24 hours, even when just last week nothing happened. Yay Callbacks! I will let you know what happens….

Until then, Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment