Saturday, June 26, 2010

It’s a Shore Thing!

(written 6/24)

If you ever visit NJ, and you never go to the Shore, then you have never experienced NJ. Growing up, I would visit the shore every summer with my friends for a few days each year. I have never been a big beach person, as you can tell about my fair skin, but I am slowly starting to love it.

Today, instead of going into NYC as I usually do, I decided to take my brother and sister to the shore of Point Pleasant Beach. This was our first trip to the beach together in a few years, but it was the first one without the parentals. I get stressed out when I drive on the NJ highways, because NJians (yes, I just made that up!) are such a tough breed of drivers, but this drive was quite pleasant.

I guess I am getting used to Santa Monica now, because I forgot just how rocky and hard on your feet the sand is at the Jersey Shore. It is full of broken shells from such rough waters. The water was really cold, but we adjusted once we were in. You could tell that we were not beach people because al 3 of us looked like we were reflecting the sunlight. However, we still had great fun. We haven’t laughed so hard together like that in a while.

I had us park by the boardwalk, because that is one thing NorthEast beaches do well. Classic wooden boardwalks. We need more of them in the world. Maybe not the crappy games, but I enjoy the walk along the beach and night life it offers. It made me think of my favorite place in WDW, The Boardwalk. I could stay there for hours, and just for the reasons I have mentioned above.

Do I like the Shore? Sure! I may not ever live or own a beach house, but it is a “shore” thing I enjoy my time in the sun. Today was a good day for the beach since it reached a whopping 99 degrees today. I forgot what the humidity feels like, so there was no better day for this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment