Thursday, June 24, 2010

Culture and Improvements

(written for 6/11)

Well, my first full week as the new staff assistant in the physical production offices have ended. It actually went by quite quickly, plus the fact it was a great week. I feel as if I have been at this job now for weeks, when in fact it has been 5 days. I seem to know most of the people, and for the first time since I started temping, it seems I am actually able to joke and be funny with most of the workers and really be myself. I cannot tell you how great that feels. I am able to be loose and energetic just as long as I get my work done.

The work load has not been too much as they are easing me into this position. I have started it knowing there is no end date as of now. Until they fill this position full time, I am here. That could be either two weeks from now or it could be a year, as I have been warned. So, I know I am here for a while. I really do like the position, and I hope they consider me for it.

In short, I am the second assistant to two production executives and the kitchen manager. Have a said this already? I feel like I am repeating my words. Sorry if I am!! I just want to make sure you understand where I am these days.

Although work is good and slow, part of the reason is I am having serious computer issues. It is complicating everything with the fact I am still an active Cast Member in Florida. I need access to a computer system called SAP through our employee website, but I am technically "already registered" in the company's database, so I cannot have a CA id. However, I MUST have a CA id or else supplies cannot be ordered. So right now, they are trying to create two different HUB or Portal (company's employee website) ids for me to exist. That is complicating everything and I just hope they can solve it soon. It's not that I don't want to work, but it's that I cannot do anything until I have the proper access.

Anyway.... I guess all I have to really add about this week is that I am getting the hang of the floor. The layout of the floor is like its own maze; it is so complicated to get around and quite humorous when delivery men can never find the proper room #s and look like kids in a labyrinth trying to get out. We all get lost. But I am slowly getting it figured out. I am learning all about the travel documents for everyone in the cast from the assistant audio man to the lead actor. I am also learning about equipment rentals and budget deals among other things. Like I said, not very creative, but a necessary part of the process.

Anyway, I will give you an update next week about everything. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment