Saturday, June 19, 2010

Creative Outlet

(written for 6/7)

Lately, I have been needing a creative outlet like crazy. I am not sure if you are aware, but I am a relatively person. Okay…very crafty. I love to scrapbook, create fun art projects and just express myself in an artsy way. By no means am I a painter, artist, etc, I just love arts an crafts. And if I do not do them after a while I get really antsy and I need an outlet.

I am getting to that point where I need the outlet. I have not done anything creative since I have been out here, and I need it! My scrapbook box is in Jersey, and I don’t have my supplies here. So last night, I reached my limit. I went to Michaels and spent 80 bucks on attempting to decorate my room in a different way.

I bought scrapbook paper of purple blocks and foam letters with various paints and cork board. I have decided to make a collage wall around my closet door. I am actually quite proud of it so far, but it has satisfied enough of an urge for the time being.

I am painting my favorite words and decorating them with ribbon and paint, so I can surround myself with positive energy to start each day. I am trying a new outlook on life just to start happy and positive and maybe something will come from it. I mean, I am doing okay now, so why not?

I have so many magazines that I have read, and I have little money, so I figure it will be the cheapest way to change the vibe of the room. I have no idea how long I will stay here in the apt, but I like where I am, and I love living with my roommate. But since I am unaware, I do not want to paint the room until I have a place of my own. I cannot wait for that day. I look most forward to buying the bed! Just saying.

Okay tangent, sorry. Yes, creative outlet… I have worked on my room wall for the last two nights in a row. I really like how it looks but it clashes with the current paint of the wall. I just hope it does not look to juvenile and not mature college grad. Oh well, it will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment