Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Waiting Game... again

(written on Thursday 10/14/10)

I cannot remember if I wrote a post on the "Waiting Game" before I moved to LA in the winter, but it seems very Deja-Vu to me.

Anyway, I am posting a few more posts this week because I can. As you can tell by the title, I am trying to sit still and wait for some answers that I hope will come by tomorrow. This week was actually quite productive and unexpected.

I had about 5 interviews this week! I know! Apparently, 3 of them were from the jobs I had applied for last week (of the 24 I chose). I had two phone calls from ESPN, and one from Conan O'Brian's internship program. The internship interview went really well, and I really hope I get it. It would be specific to their talent and casting department, however, it is unpaid.

The other interview I had was through a friend referral to be Jillian Michael's business partner's assistant. It turns out there were some complications with that interview, but I am the top choice for Michael's 2nd assistant.

The final interview came randomly as well. I applied to a generic post online for an non-descriptive inquiry for a personal assistant to a producer some months ago. I never heard back until this week. It turns out, they still needed a personal assistant and it was for Judd Apatow and family! No way! The other assistants were really nice, but there would be no future in growth. I am there only as the personal assistant meaning: household manager, kitchen keeper, glorified babysitter. If I didn't want a big career, this would be great, but still not sure if it is for me. We will see.

Those were the five interviews. All great opportunities with great potential. I hope one of them comes through!

So... here I am... waiting...typing... blogging... not doing much. Just waiting for an answer, waiting for a direction. I was here months ago, and it is a strange feeling. Knowing something could change or it couldn't. I am in this weird limbo.

Oh well, here is to waiting! Hope to return with good news. Until then... have a great rest of your week. I will just be waiting.. right here... haha. Oh my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment