Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Unemployment Boredom

Hey Bloggers!

It seems I am now all caught up on me blog! Yay! I am sorry it took so long to get here. I have tried to give you all the updates as they happened. Hope it makes sense.

Well, it has been a few days since I found out about the Conan internship, and not much has happened aside from that. I have been pushing the enrollment in community colleges as fast as I can, but I am not sure of the exact details of what I need. Plus, of the schools I talked too, most are closed for the semester because it is late October, and the semester will be over in a few weeks. I do not want to pay to enroll until I know all the details of what Conan needs from me first.

I also have not pushed finding a part time job until I know the exact days I will be at Conan. So, everything is on halt until I hear more from them. I just want to get started already!!

So in the meantime, I have become good friends with the Unemployment Boredom. I do not have much planned during my day, so I spend it in the gym. I go to the gym two hours each day, usually soon after I get up. I have lost 6 pounds this week! I've lost almost half the weight I want to reach my goal weight. That is big for me.

Then after the gym, I shower, check facebook, video chat, do errands, watch tv shows.. etc. I am all caught up on Project Runway. I am really in this weird limbo and I am getting restless. I want out! I need to get busy again!! Or else I will go insane!

I held a Fall Fiesta yesterday for my friends here. Most of us are not from LA, so we wanted to bring the Autumn from home to the West coast for an afternoon. About 12 or so came, and we had apple cider, pumpkin, pecan and apple pies, pigs in a blanket, wine, owl cupcakes, mashed potatoes, etc. It was a feast. We held it outside in a park where the weather was really like Fall! It was misting on and off all day, but super cloudy. We had to wear our fall clothes anyway since it was also chilly. It was perfect fall weather. We played card games on the picnic table until it was dark, and came to my place. There, we watched football and played a Battle of the Sexes card game. Overall, it was a very successful afternoon. I was exhausted afterwards because I baked all weekend, except during the Tangled Party, and in the mornings! Yay for Fall Fiesta!

I am loving this weather. So now that I have been on the computer for a while, it is time I go and meet up with my friend Boredom. I hope we can find something productive to do. Until then... night!

That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment