Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Summer’s End… Success was Made Afterall

(Monday 8/30- Sunday 9/5)

Well this week came and went, but it also crawled very slowly. I felt like I was just waiting to get to my last day working in Production because I knew it was coming. Yet time did not want to go fast during the week. I am glad it is over, but I will miss the floor terribly.

As I mentioned before in my last entry, my confidence is shaken. I am tried to get through this last week at work, and it was bitter sweet. In some way, I feel free. Free for I do not have to clean that darn kitchen again and free to do whatever it is I want now. Free to pursue a new path in this industry that I am really passionate about.

I also feel like I failed. I did everything I humanly could to prove I wanted to be there. I made so many contacts, did so many projects, but yet it was not enough. If I cannot even land an entry-level job, then how am I ever going to succeed in life? Is what I wanted still what I want? (this question will be another entry shortly). Where did I go wrong, etc? These questions have been racking my brain this whole week, and I am mentally exhausted. It was hard saying goodbye at the end of the week because I really got along with those I worked with these few months.

Tomorrow is Labor Day, and I guess this is the official end of my summer. I started working in Production at the beginning of the summer, and my last day was Labor Day weekend. I gave my bosses some presents before I left and all were receptive.

I got the feeling that some were feeling guilty about the decision, but hey, I can officially say I have the whole Disney Studios Production team on my side. How many people can say that?

When I said my goodbyes, I was surprised on the amount of attention I got from others. I got emails saying really positive things and how they were all surprised I was leaving. One executive said to keep in touch and she will help get to wherever I want to go. Others gave me hugs and I even got a present from my bosses, too!

It felt sooo good to be recognized even for a second. I guess overall, progress was made, and I can only grow from this. I just don’t see the long-term idea because this ending came so quickly.

Anyway, I can say I ended on good terms with everyone there. I look forward to see what the future has, but right now I am a bit sad thinking I will not return there tomorrow. I just pray I will find where I need to go and another temp job will come up soon so I do not have to worry about money.

Despite this being really hard, I have more contacts than I did before, and I have work experience under my belt. Now I just have to pursue what I want from here on out.

Summer is over, so is my job. Summer 2010… you will be remembered. I cannot wait for fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment