Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Home Back East!

(written for Monday 9/20-Sunday 9/26)

Hey fellow Followers!

Guess what? I am home on the East Coast! No, I did not move back, but I am home for two weeks and a weekend in Orlando. I won't return to LA until Ooctober. That's crazy!It feels so good to be home. I have been home for about a week now, and it has been quite enjoyable. I basically came home quite unexpectedly for a few reasons.

Aside from wanting to see my family, I am mainly home to fix my back. Remember a few weeks ago I learned my insurance did not cover me in CA? Well, the only way for me to figure it out was to fly home and see the doctors here. So I got a ticket within the week, and flew home.

I cannot believe how warm it still is here! It is nice to feel the humidity too. My skin isn't crackling due to dryness, and there are green plants everywhere! How I miss the greenery! I am surprised the leaves are not changing yet, but it was a brutal summer in NJ without much water, so I do not think we will get the turn out like we did a few falls ago.

I was nervous coming home for two weeks because I thought a job would come up or something to prevent me from coming, but it has all worked out. No job, no commitment, and all the time to kill.

I have seen most of my family since I have been home. I have seen my grandmother, parents, cousins, uncle and aunt (mainly at the volleyball high school games, but so what). I have hung out with my grandmother almost everyday, which has been awesome. My dad is in DC, so I cannot see much of him, and I am spending some time with my mom.

Some activities we have done were eating lunch at the Subshop (my favorite), see my church, grandmother's house, a visit from an old CP friend and hiked through the Great Swamp area, and travel on the weekends.

This weekend I went to Brooklyn to visit my brother and see his apartment. The three of us traveled to Columbia to see a friend of ours play volleyball for Cornell. Then on Sunday, we all traveled to DC to see my sister's team play Georgetown, and she played!! She did so well.

Being home has been great because I have still traveled within the east coast, and saw everyone in my family except one brother. I got to watch football on the television saturday afternoon and Monday night. Perfect! And I get to see my kitties!

Overall home is wonderful. I have come to realize that I am definitely an East Coast girl. I will get my beginning experience in LA, and then I will return to the East if I do not go abroad. More to come on that later!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment