Sunday, October 31, 2010

Back in Orlando!

(written on Monday 10/25/10)

Hey Bloggers!

Guess where I am? That is right! I am in Orlando! I am back for about 8 days to get in some seasonal hours. I am happy I went back three weekends ago because I only got scheduled 8 hours for my whole trip. Luckily, I have about 17 from last trip, so I need 24 to remain seasonal. I have 8, so now I need 16, and I just got approved for a shift exchange for another 8. Therefore, I am one shift short of my 40 hours needed to be seasonal. I really hope I can find one! It would suck to come this close.

Anyway, I am writing this as I am sitting at my old apartment by the pool. It is a whopping 92 degrees today, so it feels like summer! It is so warm. I forget what humidity feels like, but I got used to it in a matter of seconds. It is funny how quickly you can get back into the rhythm of an old routine. It seems like you almost never leave home.

I am a bit nervous about the ride situation since I cannot afford a car rental. I realize how far all of my CP friends have spread out, so finding rides is much harder this trip than I expected. I know things will be okay, but still it is a stress to make sure you get to where you need to go without bothering others.

I really hope to celebrate Halloween this week, but it seems like my normal party life has slowed a bit because we are all spread out now. Nothing good ever stays the same.

I flew in on Saturday morning after my first Red Eye flight from Burbank Friday night. I left at 9pm, and arrived at JFK 5:45am, and connected to Orlando. When I arrived, I had no sense of time whatsoever! I was so exhausted!! I just can never sleep on planes.

I had a good and relaxing day on Saturday and same with yesterday. I chilled by the pool, hung out with my best friend, and saw some others. I even played at Blizzard Beach just for fun.

I work tonight for the movie on the beach at the Grand Floridian, which is my favorite job to work. I love the calming nature of sitting by the water, talking to guests, giving them marshmallows, and enjoying a movie with fireworks all at once. I realize then how much I am lucky to work here. Hopefully it will be good. Then I work tomorrow at Blizzard, and Wednesday night for Campfire movie. That’s it! I hope to get one more shift, so we will see.

I have three meet and greets scheduled with different executives on property. One is in Broadcast Productions, another is in Fireworks/Live Entertainment, and the other is with Events. I hope to learn some new information about what is at WDW, in case I fail at my time in LA, I would have something to return too. I will let you know how all that goes at the end of the week.

Man, I forgot about the mosquitoes! They are coming around now, and they are annoying!! I keep getting bit, and I don’t want too! Darn my sweet German blood!

Oh! I forgot to update you. I did enroll this past week to the UCLA Extension program for internship credit. $550 worth of my savings, and money I am not making, to prove I am getting credit for this Conan internship. So as of Friday, I am officially enrolled and set to start working when I return!! YAY! It is a start!

Anyway, I think that is all I have to report. I love being back in Orlando, it feels great. I hope to see Harry Potter World, the Main St. Electrical Parade, and the new Tangled characters, as well as some other friends. Right now, the west coast seems light-years away, and I am looking forward to a nice week since this will be my last week to relax for a long while.

Until then… talk later!

No comments:

Post a Comment