Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tangled Wrap Party: First Hollywood Event!

written on Sunday 10/17

I do not have much time, as I am planning a Fall Fiesta today and my pies are in the oven, but I wanted to tell you all about last night!

I had my first real Hollywood party! My roommate works for Disney Animation on the Winnie the Pooh film, and she had an extra ticket for the Tangled Wrap party. That means, I was able to attend the party that celebrated the end of making "Tangled" the new Disney animation movie being released in November.

I had no idea what I was in for, but I knew it was going to be a good night. I got all dressed up and curled my whole head, which did not stay, but oh well. At 4pm, my roommate and I went to our neighbor's apt, who worked on Tangled, and there we had some champagne and appetizers. Delicious! I love champagne. The girls looked so gorgeous. I was floored! I asked where they each got their dresses, and it was a reality check for me that I am no longer in high school. Each of their dresses were over 100 dollars, and were designer made. I am so used to hearing cheap names like Charlotte Russe or H&M with prices under 75 dollars. Boy was I wrong. I had to remember: this is adult world!

We all took a taxi to the famous Roosevelt hotel where we arrived at the Pool Bar for some pre-game drinks. That was when people trickled in for what looked like the Oscars. Women were in all sorts of colors, long and short gowns, hair done; it was essentially adult prom. I noticed I was the odd one out, because I was the only one wearing tights, even panty-hose for that matter. I guess that is not the LA thing to do this time of year. All the women were bare-legged, and I wore black tights. Oops. Fashion mistake 15532. haha.

While at the pool, I noticed some rugged guy wearing jeans, and realized that was Colin Ferrel! I don't like him, but it was neat to see some random celebrity at the hang out with us. He had nothing to do with the event, but he was just there. Still a cool sighting.

After the Roosevelt, we walked to the screening. The people who made the film were in one theater, the El Capitain, and those who were Disney Employees or guests, like me, were in the Chinese Theater. We had free popcorn and soda upon arrival. I have never been in the theater, and it was gorgeous! I could only feel like I was walking into history because that theater is legend in its role in Hollywood.

Before we saw the film, John Lasseter (Disney COO) spoke to introduce the film to us. He discussed the vision of the film, the audience response, and what he hopes it would do in theaters. Then Ed Catmull also spoke (Pres. of Animation) about his opinion of the film. Finally, the producer, Roy Conli, and directors, Byron and Nathan, also spoke. Their speech was about 35 minutes long as they said all their Thank Yous for the film. Glad that was not an Oscar speech. After hearing them, we watched the film.

Note to Everyone: GO SEE TANGLED! It is a beautiful film with a great storyline. I was really hesitant about it because of the od marketing campaign, but honestly, this is great. It was funny, quirky, light hearted, and theatrical. Mandy Moore was perfect for the role as was the villain. The colors are outstanding. Make sure you see it at least once. It is truly beautiful.

After the film, we all went upstairs to the top floor club that overlooked Sunset Blvd and partied the night away. They had catered food, amazing desserts, open bar, lots of music, and even an aerial acrobatic performing in hanging fabric like Cirque Du Soleil. What I was most in shock with was the fact I was eating two tables way from John Lasseter! I wanted to approach him so badly and ask, "So how did you go from the theme parks to the Studios? I need advice!" I never did. Next time! I also introduced myself to Ed Catmull, since I now know his daughter. On top of that, Mandy Moore was there, stunning as always, Zac Levi (I didn't see him) as well as Andrew Millstein (EVP of Production).

I could not believe I partied with John Lasseter! hahaha! I was in shock for a while. I was so happy I wanted to get emotional about it, because this was it. This was a culmination of what happens once you complete such a large project for the world to experience. Plus, the making of Tangled was anything but easy, so everyone wanted to party to celebrate its ending.

After dinner, the tables were moved for the dance floor, and we all just had fun. People were wasted of course, but it was great to see all people out of their shell. I loved seeing the security guard dance to Britney Spears. Classic!

It was great feeling a part of something again, even though I did not have any influence in the film. It made me realize that I can have the same thing. I cannot wait to go to one of those and celebrate something I actually influenced. How rewarding. But the most rewarding part was after the movie we all stayed for the credits. It occurred to me I was sitting with the people whose names were on the credits! That was it for them. They all got to see their name in lights on a large screen, and every department was acknowledged including the Cast Member who ran the Caffeination Department (aka the Caffeine Patch at work).

It was just a wonderful night and a job well done. It was my first of many Hollywood Wrap parties to come I hope. I cannot wait to be involved on the project when it happens. So everyone, GO SEE TANGLED!! Until then... that's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment