Tuesday, March 9, 2010

One Week

One week. One week left of anticipation. Left of excitement. Fear. Hope. Nervousness. And a sense of purpose. One week from today, I will be in California enjoying my first night on the west coast.

I am getting a rush of emotions as the thought of what's to come gets closer and closer. I am unsure of what is to come, how long I will struggle, how long I will last, or if I am ever to return home again. I know I will visit for the holidays, but I think I am about ready to leave the nest as some say. I do not consider the upcoming move "leaving the nest" but I guess it is a big deal. I have no idea what awaits me, and the thought that I have one week left in suburbia is pretty exciting.

I love my home, my family, and where I am from but I am ready for a change. I think this was a long time coming, especially after I realized I have to postpone my dream of going to Europe for who knows how long.

Anyway, I am just getting ready for a big trip. I went shopping this weekend for some new professional clothing, and i am really happy with my purchases. I am not naturally a fashion forward person, but I really want to try this year. It is hard! All that I really need is a pair of black boots, a hand bag, and a LBT (little black dress for you boys reading this).

I found out this week that the car service we are using to ship out our car will only allow me to bring about two bags worth of stuff. So, I basically can only bring what I can carry. Some clothes, and my computer/printer, and an aero-bed. That's it I think.

I know that I will be sleeping on an air mattress for the next few months till I can afford a bed of my own. The thought of even owning a bed outside of my childhood room is actually really exciting! I cannot wait to paint my room and make it my own. To have my own place.

The more I think about it, it seems I am actually moving to gain my independence back. I will be on my own once again, and I am ready to try it. My life is not going anywhere here at home. I have an amazingly supportive family, but no social life. I have been feeling so isolated and alone lately. I will explain that more in another post.

Anyway, I am getting really excited about the move coming up next week. But that also means, I have a lot of last minute things I want to do at home. That list includes: seeing a musical with my friend (Wednesday), watching Alice and eating dinner with my mentor and family friend (Thursday), going to the MOMA to see Tim Burton's exhibit (Friday), Visitng my good friend in South Jersey and babysitting at night (Sat), then packing sunday and monday...off to CA TUESDAY!

It will go by so fast. This is the first week that I actually have something planned for the next few days. I love having an agenda again!

My mom told me something yesterday, about the move, and it really touched me. She said that I am going to have a great and fascinating life ahead of me. I really hope that is true. I do not want to just sit idly by and see difference opportunities fly away. I want to experience things in this world not many people get to do. I want a well-rounded, fun story-telling life. After all, that is the business I am entering into. I just wish it becomes as good as I dream it will be.

So one week, 7 nights, 6 days, that is all I have left in Chatham, NJ. Wow, here it goes. I trust God and what will happen, but it still doesn't mean I don't have my reservations. I just hope I find a step in the right direction to a career of good fortune and a way to find and discover who I really am as a professional worker. YAY!

Until then...Goodnight.

1 comment: