Sunday, January 24, 2010

Unnerving Instability...

So it is the end of another week, and the beginning of a promising new one; except, I have no idea what to look forward too.  You see, life has really changed a lot for me in the last few weeks, and months.  Actually, now that I look back at it, I have never really had a moment of stability since high school.  

Ever since I went to school in Boston, every semester brought on new adventures.  My college experiences spanned various locations from Boston, Orlando, Chatham, New Zealand, Los Angeles, and various travel locations.  Confusing?  Try explaining this to strangers:  I went to school in Boston, while living/from Chatham, NJ, working in Orlando, and interning abroad.  Not the easiest summary, but hey, that was my life for the past 4 years.  

I spent only 5 semesters actually on campus, and graduated in 3.5 years and took a semester off for Orlando.  All except freshman year, I had a different roommate each semester.  I was abroad my entire senior year, and traveled to the other side of the world.  Through all of this, I have been through my fair shares of ups and downs.  And unfortunately, as I am quickly learning, life is not getting any easier.  Despite my various locations throughout my college career, I would say I had an ordinary experience like anyone else.

Anyway, more on college in another entry.  The point I am getting too, is that life is at such a crossroads right now, and I do not know where to turn.  I am looking for a direction, for a purpose, for a job, for a new start, and to claim my life as an adult, but life is still unstable.

I lived in Florida for 7 months prior to moving back home unexpectedly last month, and now I am back to where I started.  Has any progress been made?  Not sure.  And because life is so unsure at this moment,  I cannot tell you where I will be next week or when I plan on leaving.  It just depends on what job comes through.  I may just have to get up and go on a moment's notice, or I could be here for a year (God, I hope not).  I guess it is exciting, but it is more nerve-racking than i ever thought.  Life's stability isn't any easier than it was trying to figure out what college i would get accepted into.  I guess that is life's true lesson during this time.  

Oh well, I still have a lot to learn, and a lot to look forward too.  I am excited for life, and I am excited to move and find that stable location.  I may not be there forever, but I want a place to call my home away from home... to call my own.  I cannot wait for that day.

Down with instability! 

No comments:

Post a Comment