Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Gaining Momentum!!

Hey Bloggers,

I just wanted to update you quickly on what happened this week. Unlike the previous week, I suddenly find myself super busy! Yay!

To start, I had 4 interviews! One is actually for a non-profit organization called the LA Youth Network. It is their quest to house homeless children in LA in long term shelters. I had no idea the youth homeless population is over 10,000. That is over 7 large high schools! Kids ages 2-17 are welcomed to these shelters, but only 48 beds exist due to lack of budget from the CA government. I found these statistics staggering. Even the fact that 15% of the adult homeless are with bachelor's degrees. I could never imagine being in that situation, but in this economy, I guess we all could potentially become one of them. I don't think the job is for me, which is raising awareness of the situation in the streets of LA, like a grassroots campaign, but I do want to be involved as a volunteer somehow.

The second interview was with Disney Animation. It was the third and final round of interviews. This time, I was to meet with the 6 Production Supervisors in groups of two for 30 minutes each group. I was there for over 1.5 hours, and my mouth was tired of talking! The interviews went well, but I am still deciding if Animation is where I want to be. I really like the process, but I still want to be in TV. I will take it, obviously, if a position came up, but as of now, I just do not see myself staying there for really long. Otherwise, the people who work there are absolutely amazing, and I know the work environment is right for me.

The third interview I had was with... drum roll please.... Disney Channel! Yay! This was for the exact position I interviewed with a month and a half ago. Go figure! The only different is it is for three other executives. I applied ot it online, but I had three of my Channel contacts recommend me to come in for the interview. I know I am going on to round 2, because they told me at the end of the interview, and they sent me a script to read and give notes. I am really excited about this possibility, but I do not want to expect anything this time, because my heart hurt so bad last time I was rejected. I have no expectations, so I do not want to think about it.

The last two interviews were more random. One was for a reality production company that is in charge of the Kardashians and a few other top shows. So I don't want that one. The last one was for a Production Coordinator, not assistant, but Coordinator position for Discovery, more specifically, TLC. The catch with this is, if I get it, I have to move to Maryland. I am not opposed to moving, especially if the job takes me there, but I don't know anyone or anything really in MD. I would start completely over, but at least I would be closer to home. I have no idea what will happen with that, but I hope to hear something soon.

So... that was my week in summary! Pretty good! It really feels like I am getting closer to something happening. 5 successful interviews, and two I know I am going further in the process. It has put me in a surprisingly good mood! I have not given up yet, but my bank account almost has. I have nothing really left, and I only get half the hours I need at the restaurant, so I am praying hard that something will break sooner. That leaves a lot of possible news to come this week. Until then....

goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment