Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quick Update!

Alright, so it has been a while since I posted something yet again. This time, it is not because I have fallen behind on my posts, but because not a lot has happened within the three weeks overall that made me feel I was behind. Honestly, there has not been a lot of change within the weekly routine of my time out here since the beginning of July. But being that this post is 20 days after my last one, here I am, going to update you all once again. Yay! haha

So where did I leave off? I am still working in the physical production department at Disney. I have now been here for a month and a half. Things are nice and steady. Two movies are picking up and taking flight, but I cannot give you the details. I am totally feeling comfortable around the people I work with now, and I feel my guard come down a bit. I feel that I am gaining trust of others and they are enjoying having me around. In fact, one assistant told me yesterday, there is no way they would let me go. I hope he is right!

Things, although calm, are getting busier. I am not just sitting around and doing the groceries, although I do it everyday, I have more to do now. This week I was given the task of getting availabilities of some illustrators, and although it took hours (I had to stay till 8:30pm one night), I felt used and needed. It felt good to do something that related to the production. Once I turned in my list and email, I got compliments from my bosses that it was exactly what they were looking for and wonderfully written.

I have also had a few challenges. One boss returned from 2 weeks in Tahiti (jealous much!?), and she had me write a letter to the President of Tahiti to protest the non-spayed dogs in the country... in french! It was hard because the online translators don't ever match what I need. For example, I needed "from" as in "I am writing this from Bora Bora." French has about 5 different words for "from" and the translators never get it right. This was challenging because I have not used my French for quite some time. In the end, I got it, and my boss was very happy.

Furthermore, I have been asked to be the first assistant to one of my bosses while the assistant went of vacation for a day here and there, so it has been nice to actually be the important person again. I can schedule and make meetings! woo hoo! Funny how I miss that power.

That has basically been my last three weeks! I have been getting out at 7 every night and it has been quite a calm summer. Quick enough update? Here come more posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment