Friday, July 30, 2010

My Life... A Grand Adventure?

This week I had some exciting things happen that were completely random. One would be a spontaneous concert on the lot from Plain White Ts, who are apparently a Disney signed band (got to high five the musicians while dancing with a glass of free wine in hand), Chuck E Cheeses to celebrate a 32 year old friend's birthday, ABC networking event at a gay club, and potentially walking the red carpet tomorrow for a special promotion to air in the fall. It seems life here can change within an instant from being a boring and average day to lead to something quite unexpected.

Knowing that is true, it would be right to assume that living in LA is like one, giant, big, grand adventure. Right? I guess it is, but sometimes I may argue otherwise. I have had some great experiences from my Cinderella makeup makeover to those listed above, but is it wrong to say I still want more?

I come from a small town and great family, but I have always pictured this great and exciting life for myself where I would have so many accomplishments, travels, and goals done from myself. I want to live an exciting life with adventure and romance, and sometimes I feel sooo far away from that.

For example, I am now in the routine of work in an office job. Wake up at 9:15, leave at 9:30, work 10-7, gym till 9, then socialize. Every single day. This. Repeats. Every. Single. Day. I like the stability, but now it is not exciting.

I have always related to Belle from Beauty and the Beast for just that reason. I want to be destined to something great and successful, and I want it so much more than I can tell. I see myself moving to London for a year or two within the next two years to get that abroad experience. I have even dreamt I would meet my husband-to-be abroad since I was little like some sort of fairytale.

Can fairytales and dreams of our youth really come true? I have completely believed that, and I even work for a company who lives on it. I would not doubt it for a second.... except for one thing.

I had a run in with a particular celebrity twice this week both at unexpected times. He was tall and attractive, and I have actually never seen a single movie he had done. I only know him by seeing him in pop culture media. Anyway, let's just say, we had these chance encounters, but at the end of the second time, he said hi to me first and I responded but kept walking.

I immediatly phoned my two brothers to tell them of this event and they went on as crazy brothers do saying I need to ask him out next time, then we will date, then we will be in a relationship...yadda yadda yadda. Let's just say, it was a nice thought, and I immediatly shut it down. Then after a few minutes of discussion my brothers said, "You can be so defeatist sometimes" and why would it not happen to me?

They had a point. I was so quick to shut it down for being impossible, but in reality, maybe not this particular situation, it could happen. Why because I work an office desk or choose to be an average person must I assume someone in the public eye is not touchable? It could totally happen if it were meant to happen. What a big adventure it would be if it did happen! Life would never be the same.

I am not saying that is my grand adventure, but I continue to dream that one will someday come. But my main point is this: Why are we so quick to believe fairytales in stories, yet in reality, we dismiss them as impossible? I think we should all still stay open to the possiblity things beyond our circumstances can happen and who knows where they will lead. If datinga celebrity is possible for a small town girl, then is there anything off limits? It seems the world is completely open to infinite possibilities!

I am not saying my chance encounter is going to go anywhere, but maybe next time, I will be open to the possibility and say something more than "hello."

No comments:

Post a Comment