Thursday, July 14, 2011

I"M HIRED!!!

Hey Bloggers!!

I officially accepted this morning!! After thinking it through last night, it became very apparent what my decision had to be. Obviously...I needed to accept!

I know I have such a huge over-analytical mind, and sometimes it is the death of me, and I had to get out of that frame of mind. My mom is right, I need to stop questioning everything and just go for it or else my life will never move forward.

So as of this morning, I am HIRED!!! I will be working as a Production Assistant for Walt Disney Animation on an upcoming film in their story department.

In the mean time, I will be able to work with top story tellers for a great project, learn how to develop a story, and see the whole process come to life. I think this can be an eye opening experience, and it will be a year of fun! I have no idea where it will go from here, but I guess that is part of life... take it as it comes at you.

It is hard to believe I have a job (?!). It took so long to get here. I am super excited, but now I am cannot wait to go home next week! I cannot wait to tell them the news, and officially be home one last time for a while.

I truly believe everything happens for a reason, and as my roommate once said, "sometimes you have to follow the direction in which the universe is pulling you. Sometimes it just knows better." I hope that is true, because I am really nervous about the new job, but excited! I really have no idea what I am going to learn or embark on in the next upcoming months, but hey, it's an amazing opportunity.

I look forward to making money, meeting new people, learning a new skill, and having fun. I will go after this whole heartedly as I do any job just because I know I owe it to myself not to compromise in any way.

Realistically, I will be working for Disney (of all my dream companies), in family entertainment, in a great environment, learning new skills and getting paid. What is not to love?

Okay... well I thought I should let you know. I start August 1st. I am going to go "un-think" for a while and relish in the fact, I am getting started now. YAY! SO after26 months of unemployment... I HAVE A JOB!!! Maybe it was not a bad thing watching all of those animation movies when I was five afterall. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment