Friday, May 13, 2011

Just Another Day…

Alright, so I am now officially all caught up on my blog! YAY!! Big accomplishment for me. Man, remind me to never go that long again without posting! My hands would really appreciate it.

So we are now in the second week of May, and this has been one slow week for me. It is the first week in many months where I have not had ONE job interview. I know I am cooling it with my upcoming trip home, but I thought I would get maybe one. I have doing so well getting 3-5 a week, oh well.

I really wish I could tell you that aside from blogging this marathon of posts the last few days, I really have been doing nothing with my week. Each day has become just another day of unemployment boredom and lack of motivation.

It feels at times that I am just on an extended summer or spring break from school. Each day is starting to blend into the next. I do know today was my best friend’s birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALLAN!

So what have I been doing with my time? Well, I am trying to get all of my desired side projects organized. I have about 6 or so different projects running through my head, it is hard to focus on just one. This week was this blog. This weekend, it will be writing my Children’s storybook idea. Then next week, it will be starting a series of interviews I hope to put in a collection to publish as a book someday. Who knows if it will work out, but the hope, intention and idea is there.

Other than that… I have been finding myself sliding into the habit of watching many hours of daytime television, and terrible television at that! I have watched everything from Oprah (sorry Princess Fergie for your struggles), the Nate Burkus Show (come decorate my future room, oh can I work for you?), Everybody Loves Raymond (all time favorite show, must watch), Maury and the Steve Wilkos Show (now that is crazy stuff there), Pregnant in Heels (interestingly addictive), and, of course, my guilty pleasures, Real World and 16 & Pregnant.

I love these shows, and I just cannot turn them off. My afternoons are interrupted by reality “junk” shows. Does it make me a horrible person for watching these shows, which profile other people’s crazy lives that are much worse than my own, and then I feel better about how great my life actually is? I will admit they do give me great perspective on where I am in life. Maybe that is the “reality” part of those programs, perhaps?

Then already feeling better about myself… I go to the gym where they continue to broadcast Bravo’s programming, and I aim to rock my gluts!

Oh well. There really is not much more to report. A slow week, which is like a vacation, before I go home… for vacation? Oh the life of the unemployed! 7 days till I am home!

Until then…

No comments:

Post a Comment